🏢 The Theatre
Built in 1790 by an association called "Accademia dei Provvidi" made up of some citizens. In the golden age of Bagni di Lucca it hosted both lyrical and prose events of primary importance.
After the era of splendour, in 1934, it was sold to the Municipality and in 1934 it was transformed into a cinema. Thus began a long period of neglect that ended with the restoration undertaken in 1980 led by the engineer Lisandro Gambogi from Lucca.
The theatre is in the form typical of Italian theatre (an ovoid-shaped audience with twenty-nine boxes divided into two orders and a loggia). Today it is used for the prose season and has hosted the Teatro Scuola project in the spring for 26 years, becoming a place of exchange and education for students from all over Italy.