⛪ San Leonardo Church
The present appearance of the small church of Calavorno, dedicated to St. Leonardo, dates back to immediately after the end of the Second World War when the necessary renovations were carried out to repair the damage caused by the violent explosive charges that blew up the nearby bridge, causing the almost total ruin of the roof and serious damage to the masonry structure.
Previously, around 1935, after various vicissitudes, the church had been extended by about five metres, with the unfortunate consequent demolition of the ancient façade. Inside there are three altars, the high altar and the two lower altars. A mural on the choir stand represents the Ascension of Jesus into Heaven.
A small bell gable with a single bell was briefly mentioned in an inventory of furniture and furnishings compiled on 10 May 1754 by Marco Allessi from Vitiana, then administrator of the Church, but there is no longer any trace of it following the last renovation works.